Updated Effective January 12th ,2014
You must be 18 years or older to use these Websites, including downloading the Mobile App.
In order to purchase any Illinois Lottery products, as further described below, you must be located with the State of Illinois.
If you attempt to purchase Illinois Lottery game tickets for Lotto, Mega Millions®, Powerball®, or any other Illinois Lottery games authorized by law to be sold via the internet ("Internet Tickets") or a subscription for specific Illinois Lottery games ("Lottery Subscription") by visiting the Websites, the Website Providers will collect information about your Internet protocol ("IP") address via geo-filtering software. If you attempt to purchase Internet Tickets or Lottery Subscriptions using your mobile device, in order to comply with legal requirements governing Illinois Lottery Internet Ticket sales and Lottery Subscription purchases, precise information about your location such as longitude, latitude and radius will also be collected by the Mobile Device Geo-Location Service (Device Geo-location Service). You must check the box authorizing the Device Geo-location Service and enable us to collect precise geo-location data about your device if you want to purchase Internet Tickets or Lottery Subscriptions. Note that you will not be authorized to purchase Internet Tickets or Lottery Subscriptions from a mobile device if you do not authorize and permit the collection of precise geo-location data about you and your device.
For more information on data collected when you use the Mobile App, please see Section III, below.
II. INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED WHEN YOU VISIT THE WEBSITES
If you visit the Websites and do nothing further (including, but not limited to, browsing, viewing rules or winning numbers), the Website Providers, will automatically gather and store the following information including, but not limited to the following about your visit:
- the Internet protocol ("IP") aaddress and domain name used (for example, aol.com if you are accessing from America Online). The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet Service Provider ("ISP") or directly to your computer. Your location may also be identified via geo-filtering of your IP address;
- the type of browser and operating system you used;
- the date and time you visited the Websites;
- the web pages or services you accessed at the Websites;
- the website you visited prior to coming to the Websites;
- the website you visit as you leave the Websites;
- any ads you clicked on to access the Websites;
- if you use the ShareThis feature, what content you share from the Websites, with whom you share the content, and where you post the content;
- if you downloaded a form or other document, the form or document that was downloaded; and
- the name of the country in which your server is located.
None of the foregoing information is deemed to be PII.
Cookies are text files stored on your web browser to provide a means of distinguishing you from other visitors to the Websites. To better serve you, the Website Providers use "transactional cookies" to enhance or customize your visit to the Websites and to recognize you when you visit again. The software and hardware you use to access the Websites may allow you to refuse new cookies or delete existing cookies. Refusing or deleting these cookies may limit your ability to take advantage of some features of the Websites.
B.Banner AdsBanner ads and/or in-application ads will be used to advertise Illinois Lottery products. The Websites will track the number of clicks on such ads for analytical and marketing purposes.
C.Google AnalyticsWe use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to learn more about the types of users that visit the Websites and their interests and to help improve the Websites. To provide this service, Google Analytics may collect certain information about you from your computer or mobile device, including but not limited to: information regarding your visit (such as the pages you visit and length of your visit), information regarding your device (such as your mobile device identifier or IP address), information regarding your shopping (such as your cart and purchases), how you got to the Websites, and other information about you (such as your registration information). Google Analytics provides us with certain anonymous data regarding the demographics and interests of the users that visit the Websites. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
III. INFORMATION COLLECTED WHEN YOU USE THE MOBILE APP
We may automatically collect certain types of passive information when you use the Mobile App, including your mobile device identifier such as an IDFA (for iOS), or MAC address or other unique identifier, your device hardware model, operating system version, or mobile network information. We may also collect service usage information, frequency of users of the mobile app, pages, forms or screens visited, and similar data that is associated with your mobile device. This data may be used for purposes of providing services to you, preventing fraud, analyzing and improving our service or your history of purchases, and providing diagnostics and support functions, and may also be used in the aggregate as a statistical measure. This information can be used to identify a device that is accessing our products or our Websites.
IV. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
In addition to the information automatically collected in Section II above, information including, but not limited to the following, may also be collected:
A. Emails, Surveys & Electronic Newsletter Subscriptions
If you participate in a survey, send an email, or subscribe to an electronic newsletter, the Websites will gather the following information, some of which may be considered PII:
- the email address and contents of the email;
- information volunteered in response to a survey; and
- any information required by or volunteered on the electronic newsletter subscription form.
B. Social Media and RSS Feeds
If you "like," follow the Illinois Lottery, or otherwise contact the Illinois Lottery via social media (e.g., Facebook or Twitter), or subscribe to the Illinois Lottery via RSS feed, the Websites will collect the following information:
- the social media username you used (e.g., Facebook or Twitter username);
- the number of "likes;" and
- the total number of subscribers to our RSS feeds (but will not track where they posted the feeds).
C. Players Account
If you sign up for a Players Account (which is required to purchase Internet Tickets or a Lottery Subscription) the Websites will collect information including but not limited to the following:
i.Mandatory Registration Personal Information
The following Personal Information will be collected at initial registration and is necessary for the creation and administration of a Players Account. This information will be stored by the Website Providers and/or certain third parties in a contractual relationship with the Website Providers ("Third Party Service Providers") and with each other:
- name (first, last)
- whether you are an individual or a business
- email address
- username (self-selected)
- password (self-selected)
- password hints and security questions
- (postal) mailing address
- (postal) billing address
- whether or not you are a resident of Illinois
- whether or not you are a United States non-resident alien
- date of birth; and
- phone number
ii.Mandatory Personal Information for Funding Players Account
The following PII will be collected and stored when you set up or initiate transactions to purchase Internet Tickets or a Lottery Subscription. It may also be shared for any legitimate business purposes such as to process transactions or service your Players Account. The Website Providers and their Third Party Service Providers to the extent required by law or regulation must comply with The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). Please visit http://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/pcifaqs.php#4 for further information about these standards:
- credit/debit card number
iii.Additional Information That Will Be Collected
If you have a Players Account, information including, but not limited to the following, will also be collected from you:
- transaction history (e.g., record of the games you played, numbers you played, etc.);
- Precise geo-location data if you access the Illinois Lottery’s website from your mobile device and check the box to allow the Device Geo-Location Service to collect such information.
- financial transaction history (e.g., record of the amount of money you spend on purchases, subscriptions, debits or credits to your Players Account and your winnings etc.);
- preferred method of contact;
- game play, promotional, and purchase location preferences; and
- whether or not you wish to be included in marketing surveys.
iv.Use of Your Information
By registering for and using a Players Account, you agree to allow the Website Providers and Third Party Service Providers to perform a Know Your Customer ("KYC") check to verify your name, age, date of birth, and/or any other information that you provide while visiting the Websites. In addition, when you register for a Players Account, the Website Providers will verify that you are located in Illinois via geo-filtering of your IP address. If you opt-in to allow the Device Geo-location Service to collect information about the precise location of your device, the information collected will also be used to determine the appropriate marketing and promotional messages for you. To receive marketing, promotions and product updates on Illinois Lottery products via text messages, you MUST opt-in by checking the box next to the text that states: "I authorize the Website Providers to send me marketing and product updates via text message".
In addition, the Illinois Lottery reserves the right, without limitation, to use Players Account information to enhance responsible gaming initiatives as well as well as monitor the play of its internet lottery players.
The Website Providers and Third Party Service Providers may use your PII for various purposes including, but not limited to, the following:
- to administer the Illinois Lottery and your Players Account, including processing any Internet Tickets or Lottery Subscriptions that you purchase;
- to verify your eligibility to play;
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- to otherwise contact you, including to notify you if you win;
- for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered;
- to track your use of the Websites for internal market research;
- to improve the Websites and the services we promote or provide;
- to customize the content and/or layout of the Websites for each visitor;
- to ask for your participation in brief surveys;
- to notify you about promotions, special offers, etc. regarding products and services provided by the Illinois Lottery or its agents;
- to be provided to the Third Party Service Providers in connection with the legitimate business purposes of the Illinois Lottery or other Website Providers or the Websites;
- to generate aggregate statistical studies and to use the results of such aggregate statistical studies for marketing purposes and responsible gaming initiatives;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of the Illinois Lottery or other Website Providers;
- as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government or regulatory authorities, including but not limited to gaming regulators and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or for the protection of persons or property;
- in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with the Websites; and
- any other business purposes, including those purposes described in Section XI below.
V. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the event you decline to provide any PII, you limit the Illinois Lottery’s ability to serve you.
As noted above, no PII is collected about you during your visit to the Websites unless you provide that information voluntarily by sending an e-mail, participating in a survey, registering for a Players Account, or using other interactive services that may be provided on the Websites. You may choose not to utilize some or all of these interactive services. While your choice not to participate in these activities may limit your ability to receive specific services or products through the Websites, it will not prevent you from requesting services or products from the Illinois Lottery by other means and will not normally have an impact on your ability to take advantage of other (non-interactive) features of the Websites, including browsing or downloading publicly available information. If you would like to participate in Illinois Lottery promotions and do not wish to enter PII through the Websites, contact the Lottery at (800) 252-1775.
VI. REVIEW AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can also review and correct certain PII in your Players Account profile (such as your name and contact information) by signing into your Players Account.
VII. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND RELEASE AUTHORIZATION
To process your Players Account application, you authorize the Website Providers and Third Party Service Providers to collect the PII listed in Section III and IV above. Without limiting the foregoing, if you win, you authorize the Illinois Lottery to use and release certain PII, including, but not limited to, your name, hometown and any photograph, video or audio recording, in any medium (including but not limited to newspaper, television, radio and internet), for purposes of marketing, advertising or other purposes of the Illinois Lottery. If you do not provide all or any part of the PII requested, your application may not be processed. The Illinois Lottery requires certain PII to comply with the Internal Revenue Code and Tax Law income reporting and tax withholding requirements and under the authority of Internal Revenue Code and Tax Law Section 1604 to announce Illinois Lottery prize awards. The Illinois Lottery is the custodian of Lottery Subscription and prize records and may be contacted by mail at: Illinois Lottery, P.O. Box 19081, Springfield, IL 62794-9081.
VIII. EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
If you register for a Players Account or otherwise provide PII through the Websites, you may receive email messages regarding Illinois Lottery products such as games and promotions from Northstar Lottery Group, LLC and GTECH Corporation (on behalf of the Illinois Lottery).
IX. COMMUNICATIONS VIA TEXT MESSAGE
To receive text messages about the Illinois Lottery’s products such as games and promotions, you must opt-in to receive such messages by checking the box authorizing the Website Providers to send you such text messages.
X.USE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
The Websites and material provided on the Websites are solely for promoting products, programs, and Illinois Lottery operations within the United States and specifically within the state of Illinois. Purchasers of Internet Tickets and Lottery Subscriptions must be located within the geographical boundaries of the state of Illinois to make purchases. If you provide any PII to the Website Providers (including through the Contact Us section below), it may be transferred to and processed on computers in the U.S. and other countries. Do not provide your PII to the Illinois Lottery if you do not want it to be transferred to the United States or to other countries, or if the laws in the country from where you are attempting to access the Websites restrict these types of transfers.
XI.WEBSITE FOR ADULT USE ONLY (AGE 18 AND OLDER)
The Website Providers and Third Party Service Providers will not knowingly collect PII from children or create profiles of children through the Websites. All registrants must be 18 years old or older to participate in any and all Illinois Lottery transactions. All PII submitted to the Website Providers will be treated as though it was submitted by an adult, and may, unless exempted from access by Illinois’ Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140) or other applicable Illinois Law, be subject to public access.
XII. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE WEBSITE
Without limiting the foregoing, PII may be collected or disclosed without your consent if the collection or disclosure is: (1) necessary to perform the statutory duties of the Illinois Lottery, or necessary for the Illinois Lottery to operate a program authorized by law, or authorized by state or federal statute or regulation, including the Freedom of Information Act; (2) made pursuant to a court order, subpoena or by law; (3) for the purpose of validating your identity; (4) with affiliates of the Illinois Lottery, the Website Providers or Third Party Service Providers to provide the services on the Websites; or (5) to federal or state law enforcement authorities to enforce the Lottery’s rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to the Illinois Lottery’s information technology assets or against other inappropriate use of the Websites.
XIII. CONTACT US
For questions regarding the Websites, please contact:
Because the Websites do not encrypt incoming email, you should not send information that you consider sensitive through the Websites.
WHAT DOES GTECH CORPORATION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What?The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
Personally Identifiable Information, including:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security number
- E-mail Address
- Lottery transaction and purchase history
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers personal information; the reasons GTECH Corporation chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does GTECH Corporation share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or to enable our affiliates to send you information about the Illinois Lottery’s products such as games and promotions.||YES||NO|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||NO||We do not share|
|For our affiliates everyday business purposes Ð information about your transactions and experiences||NO||We do not share|
|For our affiliates everyday business purposes Ð information about your creditworthiness||NO||We do not share|
|For our nonaffiliates to market to you||NO||We do not share|
WHO WE ARE
Who is providing this notice?
WHAT WE DO
How does GTECH Corporation protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with Federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does GTECH Corporation collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Register for a Player Account
- Provide Player Account information
- We also collect your personal information from other companies.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates everyday business purposes
- information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
- State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more information on your rights under state law.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Depending on where you live, you may have additional privacy protections under state law. We will comply with applicable state laws before sharing nonpublic personal information about you. We may do this by sending a separate notice of those rights to you. For example, if you are a resident of California or Vermont, we will not share with non-affiliates, except for our everyday business purposes or with your consent.Back to top